PDF files are here to stay and there are several tools which will help you convert documents into PDF files, print them and more, we have everything covered for you in our list of Handy PDF Tools every user must definitely use.
However we just came across another must have PDF converter and printer freeware called doPDF which allows use to virtually convert any type of files to a PDF document.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver, so after installation you will see doPDF in your list of Printers and Faxes. To convert a document to a PDF file, just give a regular print command and choose doPDF as your printer.
Once you choose doPDF as your printer, it will convert the document into a PDF file and automatically open it in your default PDF viewer.
doPDF Converter Features
- It’s free – PDF converter free for both commercial and personal use.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support – can be installed on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- No GhostScript or .NET – doesn’t require 3rd party programs to do PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF converters.
- Customizable resolution – you can choose any resolution from 72 to 2400 dpi.
- Predefined/custom page sizes – choose a default page size (Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, …) or enter your own custom page size.
- Searchable PDFs – you can search for text within the created PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
- Multi-language – choose a language for the user interface from the 20 languages currently supported.
- Barely uses any computer resources – compared to other free PDF converters, doPDF barely uses any memory or CPU resources when doing the actual conversion to PDF.