Quite sometime back we had written a tutorial that would help you create photo collages using Picasa, a free image tool provide by Google, however we came across a really interesting Freeware called Shape Collage, which will allow you to create photo collages in different shapes.
Creating Photo Collages with Shape Collage is a three step process, and is really very simple, here is a tutorial to create collages using Shape Collage.
Step 1: Select the photos you want to create collages from by either opening it using the + button or dragging the photos to the application.
Step 2: Select the options for creating the photo collage. You can select the shape of the collage, or create your own custom shape too.
Step 3: Preview your photo collage to ensure it is to your liking and click on the create button.
Once you have clicked on the Create button, give Shape Collage a few seconds and it will create your photo collage. You can also create a photo collage from a hand drawn shape, and also edit the collage in a image editing software like Photoshop, with each photo in its own layer.
Shape Collage Features
- Create picture collages in less than a minute with just a few mouse clicks
- Photos are automatically and intelligently placed using a machine learning algorithm
- Use photos on your computer or from the web to make collages
- Make collages in any imaginable shape or form
- Rectangle, heart, circle, letters, or even draw your own shape!
- Adjust the collage size, size of the photos, number of photos, and spacing between photos
- Change the background, the color of the border, and more
- Save as JPEG, PNG, or Photoshop PSD. If you don’t like the collage, save it as a PSD and edit it yourself in Adobe Photoshop or GIMP!
This amazing software is free to use and can be installed on Windows, Max OS X and Linux based systems.