Samsung has unveiled a new addition to its family of growing range of point-and-shoot SMART cameras with the launch of Wi-Fi enabled Samsung MV900F MultiView. The latest addition is the successor the Samsung MV800, and has complete social networking integration along with a splendid 3.3-inch flexible AMOLED 180-degree flip-out touchscreen display.
The Samsung MV900F sports a massive 16.3MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor, including a spectacular 5x optical lens, which is a 25-125mm, F2.5-6.3 zoom lens. The point-and-shoot camera has the capability to record Full HD 1080p video, and using a Wi-Fi connection, you can easily share videos with your friend by streaming it directly to Facebook, YouTube, or Flickr.
One great thing about the MV900F is the gesture support, which allows you to control the camera remotely. Yes, Samsung has added this amazing “Gesture Shot” feature, which lets you control the camera functionalities by simply moving your arms. The camera’s f/2.5 lens and the 5x optical zoom can be controlled by moving your hands in a circular motion to zoom in or out.
Yet another notable gesture feature is that you can take self-portraits without having to set the time. That is, you no more have to set the timer and run back to the group to take self-portraits. You can achieve this task by moving your hands up and down to capture the photo.
Samsung has also added some great shooting filters and scene modes, including the ability to add a background to a photo within the camera itself. The BSI CMOS sensor is designed to deliver good image quality in all lighting conditions. Enabling the Low Light Shot mode will automatically select the best settings while taking a picture in low light conditions.
Complete Specifications of the Samsung MV900F
- 16.3 effective Megapixel BSI CMOS sensor
- F2.5-6.3, 5X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 25 – 125 mm
- Optical image stabilization
- 3.3-inch AMOLED display with 614k pixels
- Display can flip upward 180 degrees for self-portraits
- “Gesture Shot” feature to control camera remotely with hand gestures
- Point-and-shoot operation, with scene-selecting Smart Auto mode
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you control the camera from an Android smartphone, or send photos to social networking sites, e-mail recipients, or your computer on any open network
- Plenty of special effects, including panorama and HDR modes
- Records Full HD video at 1080/30p with monaural sound
- Supports Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
- Uses BP-88B lithium-ion battery; no battery life available
The MV900F is going to be available in white, pink, black, and red. It will go on sale by the end of August for $349.99