TV-Fox is a Mozilla plugin that lets you watch TV on Mozilla Firefox. This offers a wide variety of channels which enlists a handsome total of 2780 channels. All the channels are sorted according to category. This app installs a simple toolbar that enables you to search & select TV Channels of your choice.
There are some requirements that needs to be there for using these tool.
Follow the steps to use it
- Install the toolbar here. Follow the necessary steps & restart the browser after the toolbar is installed.
- Now that it is installed, you will see a toolbar at the top of your browser window looking somewhat like the screenshot below.
- Now as you can see there are two TV icons to the right of the search box. The blue icon lets you search TV channels categorized as per country & the green icon lets you search TV channels categorized as per types(news, music, business etc).
- That’s it Now select your favorite channel & enjoy watching it.
Fixing Bugs : Developer Notes
1. For Mozilla users : There is a bug with the Windows Media plugin and Mozilla. The patch to fix this is available at – http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP
2. NoScript extension conflict : If you are getting this error try adding http://www.tv-toolbar.com to the white list of NoScript.
3. For MAC OS Users 10.3.9 or higher : In this case you’ll need the Flip4Mac Windows Media plugin which is available at – http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx
NOTE : When connecting Flip4Mac may try to download the requested media instead of streaming it. This can cause the stream to stutter or loop back after a few minutes of play. To correct this:
- Open the System Preferences utility.
- Click Flip4Mac WMV to open the Flip4Mac preferences pane.
- Open the Movie tab.
- Select “Create streaming movies“.
- Close System Preferences and restart any open browsers.
The next time you access a WMA or WMV stream, the plugin will display the streaming progress bar instead of the download bar, and the stream should play correctly.
4. For OS X 10.3.8 or lower : you will need to download a codec from the link below
After downloading the correct codec or Media Player you will need to re-start/re-open your browser for the player to work correctly.
5. For Unix users : TV-FOX streams are compatible with Unix using the Mplayer plugin on:
- Gentoo Linux 1.5.1
- FreeBSD 5.x
Download the plugin at – http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
Mplayer tends to take longer to connect and buffer the stream than Windows Media player, so please be patient. To reduce the buffering time in Mplayer, update /etc/mplayerplug-in.conf by un-commenting the following line:
SUPPORT : Contact the developer at http://toolbar.tv-fox.com/contact or send an e-mail to [email protected].
This browser plugin is a bit heavy because it has a longer stream to catch. Sometimes it may cause in browser crash too( as reported by some users). But that is only a glitch which can be ignored keeping in mind about the versatility that this plugin offer. I hope that you will enjoy.