Firefox users are blessed with some really awesome add-ons, while extensions for Google Chrome browser are still in the developing phase. Chrome extension developers are working hard and some great extensions are on the way.
Performing search using only the default search engine does not give satisfactory results every time, and to get more refined results we have to use many search engines for different kinds of content and websites. In Firefox, there are several utilities for this purpose! In Google Chrome browser, a new extension named QuickSearch brings the ability to perform searches on different sites quickly.
Features of QuickSearch are:
- It’s button sits on the toolbar which loads a search box on clicking.
- You can select any search engine / site by clicking its icon.
- Many popular search engines and sites are provided by default.
- Users can modify any available search engine to customize results according to their need.
- You can also add new search engines and services easily.
- Result pages are loaded into a new tab.
Though Chrome supports keyword based multi-search engine capabilities (Options > Basics > Default search> Manage) which enable users to search on different sites right from the omnibar, still, I would prefer this simple extension.
Install QuickSearch (Google Chrome extension)