The usage of cloud-based services is increasing every day. Though good search features are offered by Google for Gmail and Google Docs, it is not always as fast as desktop search. Also unified search results across multiple services are not provided. CloudMagic was developed with these requirements in mind. It offers extremely fast, offline, search-as-you-type feature for online data.
CloudMagic has been launched with Gmail and Google Docs. CloudMagic can search across multiple Google accounts for presentations, spreadsheets, documents etc., and present a unified search result. It also offers instant email message previews as well as drag-and-drop feature for search results.
Online data is indexed and stored in your local hard disk. Relevant text data is indexed leaving out all kinds of attachments and binary data. Only a fraction of the entire data is indexed. So it occupies very little of your hard disk space. The index gets updated automatically when you are online. The indexed web pages need not be kept open for updating an index. You do not need to store passwords with any third party servers because the index is stored in your local hard disk.
Currently CloudMagic is available for Firefox and Chrome. Here are the installation instructions for both the browsers.
Installation on Mozilla Firefox
1. To install CloudMagic in Firefox click Tools > Add-ons in the menu bar to open the Add-ons window and search for CloudMagic.
2. Click on the Add to Firefoxbutton. The following license agreement window is displayed.
3. Click Accept and Installbutton .Then click on Install Now in the Add-ons window. Once the installation is complete, restart Firefox. The CloudMagic icon will appear in the toolbar as shown below. Click on it to open the CloudMagic page in a new tab.
Installation on Google Chrome
1. To Install the plugin in Chrome open Cloudmagic homepage in Chrome and click the Install Now button.
2. Once the plugin download is complete, click Install as you are prompted to.
3. When the installation is complete the CloudMagic icon is displayed in Chrome.
4. To use CloudMagic you need to add your Gmail accounts first. Click on CloudMagic icon and then select Manage Accounts drop down arrow beside the search box.
5. In the following page, one more click brings you the add account page.
6. Add as many Google accounts you wish.
7. Next click on the Preferences link to set the search preferences. You are now all set to use CloudMagic.
The next time you open your GMail or Google Docs account you find a CloudMagic search box as shown in the screenshot below.
Isn’t that great? If you are power user of Google docs and Gmail, CloudMagic is an indispensable tool. Try once and you’ll love the instant search that the tool provides. With tons of emails stuffed in your mail this certainly makes your life easier. Happy searching. Do let us know if this has made your search experience better.