Tabs are really useful while browsing multiple sites in a single window. Most of the times when we open a link in a new tab, we don’t know which one is the parent tab. If you ask me what is the need to find the parent tab then let me tell you that the parent tab helps to understand the relation between its child tabs.
Tree Style Tab provides tree-style tab bar, like a folder tree of Windows Explorer. New tabs opened from links are automatically attached to the parent tab. If you often use many many tabs, it will help your web browsing because you can understand relations of tabs.
- You can collapse/expand sub trees. It is convenient for too many tabs.
- When you close a tab which has collapsed sub tree, all of tabs in the sub tree will be closed only one action.
- The tree of tabs can be shown at rightside.
- Vertical tab bar can be shown/hidden automatically.
- You can open new tab between existing tabs, dropping link or URL string there.
- New child tab can be opened automatically from the location bar, if the website is same to the current tab.
- You can save/restore the tree of tabs over sessions, by Session Manager or other session-management addons.
- Drag and drop is available to modify relations of tabs and to rearrange.
- If you focus to the tab bar, Ctrl-Up/Down/Right/Left can be used to modify tree.
- Tab bar can bemoved to leftside, rightside, top, or bottom. Horizontal tree is also available.