Nokia has rolled out the new firmware version 201.12.51 for Nokia E75 up from its previous version 110.48.125. This release promises lots of new and improved features. You can download this new firmware via OTA (Over The Air) or via NSU (Nokia Software Updater). It is highly recommended to backup all your data before the upgrade.
Check out how to upgrade via OTA.
New supported features:
- OVI Contacts
- Facebook, YouTube and MySpace
- N-Gage baseline update to N-Gage 1.2
- Share Online update to 4.3
- Accidental/Double key press filter
- Area Description Comment
- Ovi Contacts â€¢ Integrated to Contacts. Chat with your friends using your Ovi account. Gtalk is also enabled. Share your status and location. Ovi Contacts users can upgrade to Chat 2.0, which will be available in Ovi Store.
- Facebook, YouTube and MySpace â€¢ In Applications folder, there are icons to launch these services.
- N-Gage update to 1.2 â€¢ The user can more easily find and purchase games
- Improved support for Chinese
- Improvements for developers
- Share online update to 4.3 â€¢ Provides direct sharing from Camera and direct upload from Gallery
- Improved uploading experience (the next image can be uploaded when the previous in uploading)
- Direct sharing using device address book
- Accidental key press filter â€¢ When accidentally pressing two keys at the same time on the qwerty key mat, the second press will be ignored
- Corrections concerning Wlan and Calendar plug-ins
- Improvements in Easy dialling
- The following reported issues have been solved in this release:
- The icon of E-mail notifications changes from grey into yellow cover after disabling/enabling.
- Eclipsing item feature not working in Homescreen shortcuts
- Pressing keys during a call appears as letters on screen
- Homescreen settings help topic missing
- Default call type is ignored in Offline profile
- Wlan plug-in is missing in Homescreen applications
- Wrong preview type of E-mail notification after switching between modes with different E-mail Notifications settings
- Customized FS Homescreen shortcut with URL link not visible in selection list
EMAIL SETTINGS WIZARD
- Security enhancement
- Gmail shown as Google Mail in Email folder in Germany and UK
- Baseline update (incl. Email, Calendar and Contacts)
- Email in Email support (if an email message is received, where an email message is as attachment, the attachment is opened in email viewer, not in notepad as earlier).
- IAD support (enables upgrading the email software later)
- OMA-CP support (Settings Provisioning for MfE) Improvements in stability
- Improvements :
- Stability improvements
- Improved compatibility with different Exchange server configurations
- Improvements in attachment handling
- Faster response , especially when large number of Emails
- Additionally, the following issues have been solved:
- Incomplete note and fetched text when fetching message body
- Screen update takes too long when opening/closing slide in message list with ~500 mails
- Mailbox name is not changed (NES)
- When forwarding Meeting Request to 3rd person then participant list is not updated in original Meeting Request
- Email application closed when user Exit from MR’s details
- English string Search for WLAN’ displayed in AP setting view.
- Pressing shortcut on title divider displays black screen
- MFE_2.9.158 MFE After initial synchs, can not sync to this 2007 server, HTTP 502/501 is received.
- Cannot send email via action menu from meeting viewer
- Sync after performing restore: no prompt displayed to user to enter
- Meeting with alarm 0 min before event is not synced correctly
- Load HTML images’ has no effect
- Phone has no response after selecting Open in intranetto open Intranet link in an email.
- Receive an Appointment: in the mail for exchange message folder accept, temporaryor rejectdo not work (MEMORY FULL PART)
- Sending POP3 emails: in the forward folder only the subject text was visible
- Contacts disappear after phone has been used for longer period
- Incorrect pasting into address fields of Message and Meeting request editors
- Message body is empty. Extra characters visible. Different results for different languages.
- URL based picture is not shown in HTML viewer if WLAN is not configured
- Move to Draftsdoes not work in Outbox of MFE.
- MFE loses AP configuration when different connections are up.
- Issues with Gmail in UK and Germany
- E-mail sync does not start with shortcut 9â€²
- Reply/forward causes slowliness in Message composer (AS, IMAP, POP)
- Incorrect pasting into address fields of Message and Meeting request editors
- Sorting with MFE does not work in PC Outlook when sending email
- Performance & Usability improvement (eg. opening of calendar items is faster).
- Improvements in Calendar syncronisation
- Meeting request improvements
- Corrections concerning layout
- In addition, the following issues have been solved:
- The first attempt to connect with Open link in intranetfails
- Option button without any name in Calendar->Options->Settings->Default Mailbox
- Empty mailbox shown under Default mailbox setting in Calendar
- Keep prompted to select Gmail as the default email
- Meeting request, write mail address and add contact in the contacts clears addresses
- The following issues have been solved:
- Feature not supportedwhen trying to send MR via email
- All-day recurring Meeting Request is changed to 0min Meeting Request after opening it in editor
- Meeting request with Fortnightlyrecurrence is shown as Weekly’ in meeting request viewer.
- Wrong start time in Meeting Request.
- Performance improvements, especially when handling a large number of contacts, eg. opening a contact is faster.
- Improvements in Contacts syncronisation
- Search algorithm improvements.
- Improvements in handling groups:
- List of group members with no matching parts is displayed after group member is removed from group or new contact is added to the group
- View is returned to the group members list after group is deleted from edit group view
- Many operations in contacts are impossible after pressing clear key when call conference service is in focus in Group Members list.
- Contacts: system error (-6)pops up when delete several marked groups.
- The following improvements have been made since 110.48.125:
- Phonebook application is opened after memory card backup if VoIP settings are set.
- If a user tries to clear the find pane by long press of a clear key, delete confirmation query is displayed and some contacts are not shown in phonebook.
- Wrong background for the contacts selector view and incorrect positions of thumbnails are displayed
- With Chinese input, Contacts Apps. is closed when sending a message to a contact.
- Update to browser 7.1
- performance improvements, faster browsing and smooth zooming.
- 9-way navigation
- Updated WebKit Engine (better support for the web standards)
- better web widget development support
- Automatic Full-screen
- Multi-file download
- Improved Cookie support
- Improved cache support
- Baseline Update
- Fixes for voice call continuity VCC (seemless handover between Voip calls (WLAN as bearer) and 2G/3G calls)
- The following improvements have been made since 110.48.125:
- Gizmo icon in net settings is not displayed properly in Landscape mode
- VCC VoIP settings: Can not open VCC settings in Net settings.
- VCC: VoIP to VoIP call mute in MT phone not goes on
- No automatic handover when held-waiting call setting is 1
- Better conference call performance.
- Nokia BH-604 usability correction
- A2DP corrections
- Spool icon correction
- Voice call stability improvement
- OTHER CHANGES
- Support for coming hardware component changes, no new features
- Engine clock speed increase about 10%
- Quickoffice 5.3, with Windows 2007 document support. Additionally, the user can update to Quickoffice Premier 6 in-device using the Quickoffice application.
- Welcome video icon to Welcome application. The video itself is on the memory card
- Memory card content update (content might vary depending on the sales unit and country)
- Psiloc Wireless Presenter
- Font Magnifier
- Advanced Comm. Manager
- World Traveler
- Block Cascade
- Boom Letters
- Top Hits Solitaire Collection
- Bounce N-Gage game (trial)
ISSUES REPORTED THROUGH GENIUS TOOL
- Device unable to receive text massages
- Nokia E75: default bookmark in browser is directing to wrong page
- Problem in writing Turkish characters
- Calendar letters are shown in opposite order in V24
WordPress released WordPress for iPhone 2.0 just over a month ago, and it has been a huge success with over 55,000+ installs on the iPhone and iPod Touch together. WordPress today announced that WordPress for iPhone 2.1 is now available for download on the App Store.
- A post or page can be deleted by swiping across its title in the Posts or Pages list
- Commenter email addresses are now visible
- The app now supports HTTP authentication for password-protected self-hosted blogs. Big thanks to Jeff Stieler for the patch.*
- Fix for link helper not working in mid-sentence
- Fix for lost content after changing status of post containing a
- Fix for visual glitch with buttons in Comments section
- Fix for problem recognizing valid URLs during set up
WordPress for iPhone is an open source project, so feel free to add your ideas/code to it. You can download WordPress for iPhone 2.1 from the iTune store.
Back in October, Nokia officially announced Qt Port To Maemo 5. This meant that any application developed for the Maemo platform can be easily ported to other Qt supported platforms. Today, Nokia released Qt 4.6, the latest version of the cross-platform application and UI framework which would now make it easier than ever for developers to create great applications for Symbian, Maemo, and other platforms.
This release now includes the support for Symbian for the first time along with support for the Windows 7, Apple Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and the upcoming Maemo 6. Apart from that, it also supports powerful new graphical capabilities and support for multi-touch and gestures. The new multi-touch support along with gesture based inputs will enable the developers to create highly interactive applications.
Developers can hop and download the SDK from http://qt.nokia.com/whatsnew
There have been speculations on whether Google would be launching its own branded phone and by that we do not mean Android OS built in to Samsung, HTC or other branded phones, but a device/hardware manufactured by Google. Rumors do come true, or at least in the case of anything involving Goolge. A Google branded phone was spotted in wild.
Gizmodo, has reported that they received this information from some trusted source. According to the source, the device does not run on the Chrome OS. Moreover, they call the OS a full version of Android’, which has got us quite confused. Besides that we are sure that this device would make good use of Google Voice to its core. We are quite certain that over the next few weeks, there would be an abundant supply to information over the web; or at least rumors.
We had been thinking that Sprint is just playing with our feelings- they had promised an Android 2.0 upgrade to their HTC Hero, but so far it has been a highly disappointing affair. Now, there’s a reason to cheer up a bit; some images of a HTC Hero running Android 2.1 have been caught off guard.
Looks like HTC had been working on a way to port HTC’s sense UI to the Android OS. From the pictures, we can figure out that they have been succeeded. Android 2.1 will be available as a minor update to the Android 2.0 (Eclair) before we even welcome 2010. Check out the leaked pictures below:
ViaTalk, a leading online phone service provider, announces today the launch of its iPhone application. Through ViaTalk mobile application for the iPhone you can port full control of the home phone service to a mobile phone.
"We are happy to be able to provide the richest feature set, while maintaining the lowest price in the industry. Our new iPhone application adds to that, extending the accessibility and convenience of our online control panel to anywhere the customer desires," added Lucas Arduini and Eric Iversen, lead developers on the project.
ViaTalk Mobile app allows users to enjoy services such as call forwarding, voicemail access, special routing options, the ability to view call logs and return calls & control over security and privacy settings.
You can download the app from the iTune Store (direct link).
Recently, I dropped my Seagate Hard drive and sadly enough it gave up on my bad treatment towards it. Yes, it is dead. Ever since then, I have been in search of a shock proof portable hard drive and PQI H560 offers exactly the same.
PQI H560 sports a special rubber material and unique internal shock-absorption suspension, which prevents the hard drive from the exterior shock. PQI H560 comes in a 2.5SATA interface with USB2.0 interface, integrated USB connector and a one-touch backup button. It’s available in 320GB, 500GB and 640GB sizes and has a 3 year warranty.
It weighs barely 350 g (0.77 lb) with a dimension of 144 x 81.5 x 22.4 mm (5.67 x 3.21 x 0.88 in). Priced at around $120 for the 500GB version is quite a steal, considering the fact that it does not look bad either. Check out the video in which the hard drive is brutally abused.
Opera today announced that Opera Mobile 9.5 will be powering the Hamiwidget service on the Windows based Gigabyte GSmart S1200. So, now the GSmart users can enjoy easy access to the news, weather, live stock quotes, local search engines and other online services with just one-click along with full-fledge web browsing on the Opera web browser.
Browsing is one of the main features on the GSmart S1200, and Opera Mobile is widely recognized as the best browser for smartphones,said Dr. Stanley Jenq, CEO of GIGA-BYTE Communications Inc. Because of Opera’s leadership in developing widgets for mobile phones, we predict a seamless delivery of CHT’s Hami services, giving users an even easier way to search, socialize and simply enjoy the Web,continued by Dr. Jenq.
Opera mobile has been ported on millions of mobiles globally as a default web browser. Recently, Opera has been concentrating on Opera widgets and with partnership with Hami, developed by Taiwan’s leading operator Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Opera will be able to deliver local online information directly to the GSmart screen.
The GSmart S1200 has a 3.1high-definition, WVGA TFT LCD touch-screen, and comes equipped with the Qualcomm 7200A platform. The phone runs on Windows Mobile 6.5 and features the Multiple User Interfaceï¼Smart Pack.
One of the main reasons for battery drain on any Windows Mobile Phone is to being connected to internet using 3G. How you wish if you had control over your phone’s connection and save your phone’s battery life. Well, BandSwitch offers you to take control of your connections.
- Enable and disable connections. Disabling connections makes impossible to use them so you know they wont generate traffic data.
Stablish and close connections.
- Set a time frame where connections won’t be allowed (ie, when you are sleeping) saving money and battery.
- Turn off/on Bluetooth and Wifi with or without time limit. When the limit expires, it is set to off state.
- Switch between 2G/3G/auto modes.
- There are discounts for companies. With enterprise license, it isn’t necessary to enter the code manually. It makes easier automatic deployments with other enterprises tools.
Bandswitch has been updated to support Toshiba TG01. Until now HTC phones supported Bandswitch.
Ustream has launched an Android version of its Ustream Viewer, giving all its users the ability to view any Ustream show while they are travelling, absolutely free of cost. Earlier, Ustream launched its broadcaster app which allowed you to stream video footage live from your Android phone onto the web.
Ustream released the app just in time of the live KISS concert which happened in Staples Center, Los Angeles yesterday and which enabled to stream the concert on your Android device. The Android Viewer provides chat functionality with Android 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0 platform devices and works both over 3G and Wi-Fi and is free of cost, of course standard data transfer charges will be applied.
You can download the app from Android market.
Resco, released Resco Send SMS gadget’, a desktop extension of Resco Contact Manager 2nd Edition supported by Windows 7 and Windows Vista. This application allows you to send SMS via desktop computer while having your mobile device connected to the PC.
Microsoft is pleased with the seamless integration of Resco Send SMS gadget with the Microsoft Windows 7 interface,said Peter JirsÃ¡k, Windows Client business group lead. One of the most used function of Windows phone â€” text messaging â€” is now easily accessible directly from the Windows 7 powered PC.
When installing Resco Contact Manager, select the Resco Send SMS gadget installation. After the gadget installation, it is available in the desktop’s gadget bar. All you need to do is, connect a mobile device and all the contacts will be loaded via refreshbutton. Simply click on the desired contact and start sending SMS.
Download Resco Send SMS gadget.
One of the best twitter app for the Windows Mobile phone just got an update. Twikini 2.0, a complete twitter app, with introduction of twitter’s new Retweet and geotagging feature is now available for download.
- New: Ability to geotag your tweets. Important: You need to activate geotagging from your twitter account first.
- New: Support for the official Retweet feature that Twitter recently introduced. Important: please read about how retweeting on Twitter works now (this has changed from how it used to work in the past).
- New: You can now see a full list of followers and friends for any user (including yourself). When viewing a user’s profile, click Menu > Followers/Following.
Check out the video:
You can download the 14-day trial and later upgrade to the full version for only $4.95.
It’s not even a week that Fring released its version of app for the Android phones, Fring Team has rolled out a new version v18.104.22.168 for Android. Though there has been no major changes or introduction of any new feature in the app, the change log mainly consist of fixing bugs.
Change log is as follows:
- Motorola Droid missing GSM contacts fixed
- Motorola Droid unable to make SIP/SkypeOut calls fixed
- Special characters in SIP credentials fixed
- Chinese/Russian/Hebrew issues in chat Fixed
- Login issues with several scenarios – Fixed
You can download Fring for Android from the Android Market or just by pointing your browser to Fring’s Official WAP site.
Nokia X6 is about to hit the shelves in Finland and the UK this week. Nokia X6 was announced way back at the Nokia World in September. Nokia X6 can quite possibly become the Nokia’s best ever music phone with 35 hours of music playback and 32GB of onboard memory.
Other features include a five megapixel camera and Carl Zeiss optics for your photographic skills, 3.2-inch widescreen display with capacative touchscreen and free unlimited access to over 6 million tracks from the Nokia Music Store. X6 runs on Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5 and comes in two colors: Blue on White, Red on Black.
The Nokia X6 will be available in the UK from this Friday and you can pick it up free from £35 per month or £25 per month if you trade in an N-Series handset. It’s available exclusively on the Orange network at Phones 4u. You can also pre-order it from the Nokia Store for £449 SIM-free.
Google has come up with a new design for Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Calendar, or Gmail Tasks for Android and iPhone users. The new look consists of darker header and buttons to distinguish themselves from the other elements. Also all the buttons are now bit larger, to make button tapping easier for the users.
The new design does not bring any exceptional changes but the darker menu bar on the top with spacious buttons is a welcome change for users with fat fingers. Do let us know what you think of the new UI.
Try out the following services from google:
gmail.com for Gmail,
google.com/calendar for Google Calendar,
google.com/latitude for Google Latitude and
gmail.com/tasks for Gmail Tasks.