Verizon recently announced a new software update for the powerful HTC Thunderbolt smartphone. This update was leaked last week through a ROM, but today, Verizon officially announced the update through a pdf on its website. The new software update offers enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network. It also comes with stability improvements for data centric applications. Check out the complete changelog below.
Web Browsing and Data Access:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
Email and Messaging:
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application
Additional Device Features:
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- Backup Assistantis correctly displayed in the Application menu
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator
The latest software update is expected to arrive soon. It can be easily downloaded from Over-The-Air (OTA). It is always advised to backup your data before updating the device. For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download, head over to this page.