If you always wanted to check out Diablo III to see how the game looks and plays like, Blizzard has offered Diablo III Starter Edition. However, the Starter Edition could be checked out only with a Guest Pass – which was available to only those who had purchased the boxed pack in retail.
That was until now. Starting from today, however, Blizzard has made available Starter Edition as downloadable by all. To download the Starter Edition, you’ll need to create a Battle.net account, or login to Battle.net if you already have an account. Once you’ve logged in,
- Click on the Click the Play for Free link for Diablo III Starter Edition on the account summary page
- Enter the BattleTag of your choice, then click Create your BattleTag.
- Click Get Starter Edition.
- On the Diablo III License page, click Download Game Client for Windows or Mac.
- Once the game is fully installed, you may log in with your Battle.net email and password to access the Starter Edition
You’ll have to remember that the Starter edition comes with restrictions
- Content wise, Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
- Characters have a level cap of upto Level 13
- Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
- No Auction House access (Real Money or Gold)