Author: Chinmoy Kanjilal Google Profile for Chinmoy Kanjilal
Chinmoy Kanjilal is a FOSS enthusiast and evangelist. He is passionate about Android. Security exploits turn him on and he loves to tinker with computer networks. He rants occasionally at Techarraz.com. You can connect with him on Twitter @ckandroid.

Chinmoy Kanjilal has written and can be contacted at chinmoy@techie-buzz.com.
Ubuntu Wallpaper

Here is a cool theme pack for your Ubuntu desktop. The theme color for this customization is green. So, I have included a green login screen, a green theme, and a green icon pack with a green wallpaper.

Read More

 

In Linux there is no GUI to change the MAC address. Here is an easy way to change your MAC address from the terminal in four easy steps.

Read More

 

So, Remastersys lets us create a custom distribution of Linux. The custom distribution created includes all our installed softwares, and user data. Similar applications are available for other distributions. We have mklivecd for Mandriva and remasterme for PCLinuxOS.

Read More

 

Faster Firefox

Wifi is one area which Ubuntu can not still address. The result of Atheros or Broadcom not submitting any generic code for their respective hardwares, takes a toll on Linux, as their wifi drivers are not supported out of the box.

Read More

 

Faster Firefox

Ziproxy is a free and open source application for Linux which speeds up the internet connection over a network by offering many different compression technologies which considerably save your network bandwidth.

Read More

 

Faster Firefox

Today, I will talk about the most widely used application, the terminal. These three applications let you have Quake and Unreal Tournament style terminals.

Read More

 

RecordMyDisk

Ever wanted to create a video tutorial in Linux? You have tried every software on the internet and it does give results but far from good? Check this out, RecordMyDesktop.

Read More

 

Linux Fear

Linux has finally captured 1% of the worldwide PCs. But what are the rest of the 99% doing. Do they dual boot or do they at all know a thing about Linux, let aside using it! Here are some of the n00b questions/statements I had to face about Linux, and simple answers to them.

Read More

 

Linux also, manages it’s fonts in a similar manner to that f Windows. It uses folders to store fonts. Here is a quick tip on installing fonts on Linux. It includes copying the font to one of the font folders and then updating the font cache.

Read More

 

Bootchart

How fast is you Linux bootup speed? What factors are slowing it down? Check out this software for a detailed analysis of your bootup process. The data is presented graphically with individual resource usage of processes.

Read More

 

Optimizing the swap file speeds up the system a lot. Here are two methods, one to reduce swap usage, and another to create a swap file instead of swap partition.

Read More

 

MultiTouch – Linux Has It Too

For all those Linux users who envy Windows 7 multi-touch, here is some good news. From now, Linux too has support for multi-touch just like windows. The multi-touch feature has been developed by the Interactive Computing Lab team in ENAC, France and has been introduced into the 2.6.30 Linux Kernel.

Read More

 

New Firefox Key

With the release of Firefox 3.5, many addons are now incompatible. Here is an easy tweak to get them working without any additional downloads.

Read More

 

1 66 67 68 69 70 71
 
Copyright 2006-2012 Techie Buzz. All Rights Reserved. Our content may not be reproduced on other websites. Content Delivery by MaxCDN