Oh boy! What a day it has been for Apple. Earlier today, Apple released iOS 5 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Mac OS X 10.7.2 with iCloud support. Apple also released Find My Friendsand AirPort Utilityfor iOS 5, but wait! There’s more. The company also released a software update for its second-generation Apple TV.
Version 4.4 for Apple TV’s software brings in a number of features. The new software updates enables AirPlay mirroring, which it means that you can can wirelessly stream whatever’s on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S to your HDTV via Apple TV. Also, the update enables Photo Stream, an iCloud feature that uploads images to the cloud and pushes them to WiFi-connected Apple devices.
– AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
– Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
– Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
– National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
– Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts. (via Macworld)
In addition, the update also includes Trailers, which Apple describes as an “all new way to browse” hundreds of the latest trailers, as well as Wall Street Journal Live and National Hockey League content. The new NHL channel comes with the stream live games, display highlights and scores, while WSJ Live offers access to “up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis.”
Last but not least, the update comes with support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes.