Today, Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users. The update offers bug fixes and improvements for HDR, AirPlay, and Safari syncing. iOS 5.1.1 is available for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, third- and fourth-generation iPod touch, and all iPad models.
iOS device users can download the update through iTunes, or access the delta update directly on their iOS device through the Settings application. Go to Settings.app -> General -> Software update. The build number for the update is 9B206.
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase