Looks like Microsoft will never be able to have a smooth launch. After Windows 7 was launched, there were several forums which were filled with issues related to upgrading to Windows 7.
Important Do not use this resolution if the upgrade stops responding at a percentage other than 62% or if the log entries are not logged. For more information about how to open the Seupact.log file, see the More Information section.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer. Then, your computer will roll back to Windows Vista.
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, click New.
- Type MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS in the Variable name field.
- Type IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll in the Variable value field.
- Click OK three times to close the dialog boxes.
- Start the upgrade installation again.
Performing these steps should help you resolve the issues, if the Windows 7 upgrade is always stuck at 62%.