Update: The contest is now closed as the winner has been chosen.
Do you want to find out how globally connected you are on the social space? How about the idea of measuring your social influence across the globe and take home an iPod Shuffle?
In partnership with Western Union, Techie buzz is giving away an Apple iPod Shuffle to one lucky Indian user, who identifies himself as the most networked person in the world. Here is how the Your world Facebook application helps you find your global world rank by mapping your social friends into a world map:
1. Go to www.westernunionworld.com/yourworld and login with your Facebook account. The application will access information about you and your Friends to calculate your global connectivity.
2. Once the app has finished mapping all your friends over a world map, you will be shown your world rank and how deep global connections you have.
In addition to an image of your global network, you will also obtain a score (World Index) which is based on how globally connected you are. Your World indexscore will be shown at the bottom right of the browser window, as shown in the screenshot above
To enter the contest, here is what you have to do:
1. Grab a full page screenshot of your global network and upload the image to any free image hosting site. We recommend using Twitter for uploading the images but if you don’t have a Twitter account, you can use imgur.com
2. Tweet the following message:
RT @techiebuzzer: Enter the Western Union Network Challenge and win an Apple iPod Shuffle http://goo.gl/sry5W
3. Post the URL of your screenshot and the URL of your tweet in the comments section, along with the right answer to any one of the question mentioned below:
a) Who founded the Western Union Company?
b) Which Hollywood cultural icon or singer used Western Union to send money to his parents?
So your comment should read something like this
I just found out that my global world rank is [global world rank here] [image URL here]. Here is my tweet [link to your tweet] and the correct answer for 3(a)/3(b) is [your answer]
1. Only one entry per person. Duplicate or multiple entries will be discarded
2. The contest is limited only to Indian users and we won’t be able to send you the winning prize outside Indian geographical location, even if you manage to win the contest.
3. Please post original screenshots and don’t fake it. Entries that are manipulated for the sake of winning the contest will be rejected.
4. One winner will be chosen randomly from the list of all entries and announced on this page and a separate page.
5. The contest ends on 30th August, 2011 and the winners will be announced on 1st September, 2011.
6. Posting your comment is mandatory. Please don’t email us your submission or use our contact form to cast your entry.
Best of luck!
Winner of the Western Union iPod Shuffle Giveaway Contest
And the winner of the contest is …..
Congratulations Simrandeep, you will hear from us shortly at the email address you used to comment on this post.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the contest and made it a success. Here at Techie-Buzz, we regularly organize Giveaways so if you were not lucky this time, be sure to check our upcoming giveaways and contests.