The Xperia Play was one of the most unique Android handsets launched last year. The physical gamepad on the phone made it a favorite among gamers, but sadly the phone did not find many takers. Anyways, for the small and strong followers of the handset, a new mod from jjkkyu over at XDA forums brings all of the Xperia S goodies, including the UI enhancements and the latest version of Timescape to the handset.
The mod is only for rooted Xperia Play handsets running Android 2.3.4 (42/58/62) FW. The update is in a flashable CWM zip, and will bring the Xperia S style UI, lock screen, web browser, phonebook, boot animation, music player, and much more to the Play.
Below is a list of all the changes the ZIP file will bring -:
- Xperia S style UI.
- Xperia S home launcher (modded to seven pages).
- Xperia S system app icons.
- Xperia S style phonebook, credit to Soheil_rf.
- Xperia S music player(Equilizier, SenseMe, Stereo, xLOUD all working).
- Xperia S Timescape and new Timescape widgets.
- Xperia S weather, switch tool, clock, music, smartcontacts widgets.
- Xperia S brower, email, calender, clock, calculator, power saver.
- Xperia S system default wallpapers.
- Xperia S system default livewallpapers(CosmicFlow & LiveEarth).
- Xperia S boot animation(Xperia logo).
- Xperia S closing charge animation.
- Xperia S Chinese keyboard.
- Xperia S browser
- Xperia S system default themes.
- Newest version of LiveWare manager, TrackID, Playstaion Pocket, Playstaion Store.
- Mobile Bravia Engine added.
- Notification bar quickpanels with setting tool.
- Modded PackageInstaller for internal or SD card selection.
- Natsune Miku notify and alarm sound(voice in Japanese).
- Worldclock widget from official .62 firmware.
The Xperia S Music player has already been ported to the Xperia Arc and other Xperia handsets. The whole firmware of the handset (Xperia S) was also ported to the Xperia X10, and it works surprisingly smooth on the phone. Interested Xperia Play handsets can find more information and the download link of the zip file here.