Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
The Xperia Ray is a slim and compact phone from the Japanese manufacturer. Like SE’s flagship handset, the Ray also has an 8MP Exmor R camera at its back, which is capable of taking some brilliant pictures in low-light conditions.
Xperia Ray owners can root their handset, in a single click, using the Zerg’s root explot.
Below are the steps to root your Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray-:
1) Before proceeding with the rooting process, please make sure that you have all the necessary drivers installed. Simply install Sony Ericsson’s PC Companion suite, which will automatically install all the relevant drivers.
2) Download the ZergRoot exploit file from here, and extract it inside a new folder on your desktop.
3) Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone. To do so, go to Settings->Applications->Development and then selecting the ‘USB Debugging’ option. Also enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option found in the previous menu.
4) Now, double click on the ‘runme.bat’ file. A new command prompt window will then open, which will ask you if you have connected your phone or not. Connect your phone to your PC now, and then press any key so that the Zerg Root Tool can proceed to root your handset.
5) Your phone will restart during the process. When done, you will have successfully rooted your Xperia Ray.