Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
The Sony Ericsoon Xperia Play is one of its kind Android handset. The gaming pad on the phone, means that this phone is aimed squarely at gamers. The Play is also the first PS Certified phone. This means, Play owners, get to play some popular and legendary PS1 titles right on their handset.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play owners can root their handset, in a single click, using Zerg’s Root exploit. This guide is valid for the international version of the Play, as well as the Verizon’s version.
Below are the steps to root the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play-:
1) Before proceeding with the rooting process, please make sure that you have all the necessary drivers installed. Simply install Sony Ericsson’s PC Suite, which will automatically install all the relevant drivers.
2) Download the ZergRoot exploit file from here, and extract it inside a new folder on your desktop.
3) Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone. To do so, go to Settings->Applications->Development and then selecting the ‘USB Debugging’ option. Also enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option found in the previous menu.
4) Now, double click on the ‘runme.bat’ file. A new command prompt window will then open, which will ask you if you have connected your phone or not. Connect your phone to your PC now, and then press any key so that the Zerg Root Tool can proceed to root your handset.
5) Your phone will restart during the process. When done, you will have successfully rooted your Xperia Play.