The Samsung Galaxy S was no doubt the most popular Android handset of 2010. The phone had a lot of modding potential as well, and more than a handful of developers who were supporting it.
One of the most popular Custom ROM for the Galaxy S was from a developer known as Darkyy. The Darkky ROM for the Galaxy S was based on Samsung’s leaked firmware, had all the latest tweaks including Voodoo lagfix and Voodoo Sound pre-installed, and had a beautiful black theme as well.
When the developer got the Samsung Galaxy S2, many users thought he would release a Darkyy ROM for the handset as well. However, the developer became busy with his personal life, and did not release any custom ROM for the SGS2.
Now, after quite a few months, Darkyy is back to the Android world for some modding action. He has just released an RC version of his popular DarkyROM HD for the Galaxy S2.
Below is a list of all the features of the ROM -:
- First official release.
- Based on the official stable XXKL1 firmware (Android 2.3.6) from Samsung.
- Breathtaking stability & speed.
- Deodexed & zipaligned.
- In other words: fully themeable & optimized for speed & less RAM usage.
- Comes with the usual DarkyROM Hacks (OpenVPN, Bash etc.).
- Fully pre-rooted.
- Clean DarkyROM HD Theme.
- Gingerbread CRT On / Off effect.
- Custom Flip’N'Fly Animations.
- Preloaded with Superuser, DarkyOTA and the 3D Gingerbread Launcher.
- Fully compatible with DarkyOTA (ROM preinstall options & OTA).
- Fully editable extended powermenu (edit via DarkyOTA App).
- Fully working multi-toggle dropdown menu (11 toggles).
- Original DarkyROM sounds already preconfigured.
- Fixed GPS for Europe.
- Custom DarkyROM APN list for instant Internet & MMS access.
As mentioned earlier, the ROM is still in RC so there might be a few bugs here and there. Sadly, this custom ROM from Darkyy does not have anything special or different compared to the other custom ROMs available for the S2. Hopefully, the developer will add some new and useful mods in later updates.
Interested Galaxy S2 owners can download DarkyROM HD from here.