A few days ago I had blogged about adsense getting more rules. The post was about Adsense getting stricter on allowing ads near menus and navigations. Today Google Adsense team’s blog clarified their take on accidental clicks. If you are a adsense publisher then I recommend you take this seriously or else it leaves you with a high risk of getting banned from adsense.
The Google Adsense Team did this post to clear the confusion that was in the air about their announcement since their stand was confusing as to how ads can be displayed or not.
The image below is acceptable as per Adsense policies.
The image below is unacceptable as it can create “accidental clicks”
If you are new to publishing adsense ads, then i highly recommend you to read the adsense program policies and follow it very religiously. It is very painful to lose the money you earned because of a ban.
Few tips from my side.
- DO NOT click on your own ads.
- DO NOT ask anyone to click on your own ads.
- DO NOT use sites that push traffic to your sites that generate unwarranted views for your pages. Google guys watch each and every site mind you.
- DO NOT place images next to your adsense. It is against google adsense policies, for more information check out the post on google adsense.
- You can ONLY add three Ad units and one link unit for adsense and two referals for each product. Adding anything more than this will not show ads or referals on your page, so do not try adding 10 adsense or referals on your page it won’t work.
- Always follow all guidelines set up Adsense.
The guys at adsense are very smart and they detect all the DO NOT’s. So please be aware that you would be banned from your account if you violate any program policies of Adsense.
Google Adsense is a very good way to make money and I highly recommend it. If you do not have a Adsense account then I recommend that you
Image src: Google Adsense Blog